SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bird_of_paradise

Need help with two yearlings

Hi, everyone!

I have a couple of yearlings experiencing some mottled yellowing in the leaves and it's driving me nuts because they look terrible! Here's one:

I have uprooted these to see if anything odd is going on below ground ... Nothing that I can tell. The roots are healthy, white, and very firm. I did notice a white residue where I had placed a single layer of tissue at the bottom the last time I repotted ... Could that paper have caused a fungus / mildew? I washed off the roots and dusted them with cinnamon, changed the soil and the new growth appears to be OK. Should I use a little epsom salt solution on the leaves?

Now, an altogether different matter is this one ... I think it's suffering from a little sunburn - See bottom left leaf:

This particular yearling was very lightly but visibly (delineated) variegated as a seedling. It's been raining, but if you take a close look at the leaves you'll see very subtle blue-green variegation:

Should I just take this one out of direct sunlight to morning only sun? Should I give it a little Epsom salt solution at 1 tblsp to a gallon? It is a Doksawai ... I can only hope it looks like this:

All my adenium are outdoors, in full tropical sun, and are fertilized weekly at 1/4 strength with a complete fertilizer with micronutrients, but no magnesium. Would it be advisable to add a little epsom salt to the fertilizer?

Thank you for your input ... Greatly appreciated!

Maria Elena

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH