SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_40569042

My magnificent Spider Plant is sick, yellowing then brown leaves!!

User
6 years ago

Hi I bought this giant spider plant from a nursery one month ago. Then the leaves began dying off. They turn yellow and then within a couple days completely die to brown. She is slowly dying and I really love this plant and want to save it. When I first got it I let it be thinking it had been watered recently. Then it really died back on my vacation 3 weeks ago on one side only and I think that was from direct sunlight so it has been moved to a less sunny location. Directly after that it was soaked in the shower because I thought maybe it was really thirsty. I saw its leaf tips were turning brown so now it gets distilled water only, since I read the chlorine and water with fluoride in it. It was repotted two days ago into a pot two inches wider than the one it was in, and 5 inches of soil left at the bottom before the drainage holes. In the old pot it was root bound. It was given fresh Miracle Grow

soil and fertilized just today with a very weak strength fertilizer. I also trimmed some of the larger babies off of it and planted them separately. Leaves have also been developing vertical brown stripes in the center and cracking. I have also been misting it a few times a week. I'm really worried about the plant and am confused as to how to help despite reading other's questions and answers here on Houzz. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments (24)