SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcandmilo

Help, what did I do? Hope I fixed a mistake!

kcandmilo
6 years ago

Decided to spray All Seasons horticultural oil on my trees today to continue the battle against the whiteflies. Found an old bottle of neem horticultural oil lying in the garage, and decided I might as use it up, as it seemed to be nearly empty. Poured it into my new pump sprayer, and busily started spraying my navel tree! A few minutes later I realized that there was a pleasant smell of peppermint in the air, and the leaves were covered with soapy suds and bubbles! Still reacting slowly I kept spraying till the tree looked like a flocked Christmas tree, and I finally opened the sprayer and took a sniff! Peppermint for sure! I think someone (Husband??? Unlikely! Me? I usually am very good about making sure not to mix labels or reuse a bottle with a label on it!) must have filled an empty neem bottle with peppermint castile soap.

Anyway, I stopped spraying, and washed down the tree with the hose until I think I washed most of the soap off! Any other triage needed? Luckily I only did this to one tree, and it's an older, bigger, cussed one! On the plus side, you can eat off those leaves now :)

KC-the-slow

Comments (7)