SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

August 2017, Week 3

Here we are, another week, and more rain (at least for some of us).

We got another half-inch of rain this morning, but had hours of thunder and lightning before the rain ever really got here. I suspect some parts of our county and surrounding counties got a lot more rain than we did because on the radar it seemed like we spent half our time in a dry slot with storms all around us but not over us.

So, it will be too muddy again to do anything in the garden. I do hope to harvest tomorrow.

Other than that, there's not much going on in my garden---except for lots of new growth on the plants that made it through the very dry July. Oh, and I have a happy husband because we are almost halfway through August, I've hardly watered at all and the August water bill is expected to be small compared to July's and even June's. It isn't often that he is looking forward to the August water bill.

I really haven't put anything much in the ground for fall because I didn't want for seeds to wash away. Now that the huge rainfall amounts no longer are in the forecast, maybe beginning tomorrow I can sow some seeds.

What's new with you and your gardens?

Dawn

Comments (98)