SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Soundproofing bedroom from outside noises

jaxo
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

There is a bedroom with a sliding glass door that takes up most of the small wall to the patio and another wall with no windows that faces the neighbor's patio.

I can hear the neighbors talking when they are in their patio and it is a little bit annoying.

However, the biggest issue is that I can hear a bird that does single spaced-out chirps that sound like a smoke detector "low battery" warning beep every 20 seconds or so. It is super annoying.

I'm wondering if the biggest issue is the drywall or the sliding glass door. Since I can hear the neighbor talking outside through the drywall, I think it's the biggest problem, but I wonder if I should replace the sliding glass door with some kind of soundproof triple pane version also?

I'm going to be updating the bedroom with new paint and carpet and this might be a good opportunity to replace the drywall and sliding door before the painting is done.

What are the most effective soundproof drywall and sliding glass doors against noise like voices and birds?

I think I hear too much of my exterior a/c unit, but it isn't a big issue because it becomes a white noise that's easy to tune out, but would be nice if I could muffle that out also. I will probably buy a quieter a/c unit when it gets replaced in a few years though.

As I am typing this, I can hear a loud dirt bike type motorcycle accelerating hard from two streets away. Of course, all the doors and windows are shut.

Comments (6)