SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Does Anyone Have a Sink Centered BETWEEN 2 Windows?

aloha2009
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I love the layout I've come up with, but I'm having troubles getting the 12' of new (currently non-existing) windows to look just right. I'm attempting to incorporate the architecture of the existing windows in the great room and dinette (since the area will all be open) while laying out the new windows in the kitchen. It seems to always come down to joining the windows between the sink. I've had off-centered sink windows before, but never ones with a sink between windows. It doesn't seem much different than having a sink centered over a slider window (2.25" window casing) but I've never seen a window centered between two windows (3.25" window casing). I really don't want to have any casing centered in the main prep area (between sink and cooktop) if I can help it.

Perhaps this would be better posted in the windows forum?

We're you fine with the extra window casing?

Designers,have clients refused to have this window setup and you had to change something else to accomodate a centered window?

Can you come up with a better alternative for window placement then I have?

Here is additional information of the kitchen if you have questions (dimensions, layout, etc.) I have decided to not have the 6" wall as depicted in the pics.

Comments (12)