SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom23es_gw

Does anyone have 2 trash cans in their kitchen?

Mom23Es
12 years ago

Our kitchen will not be huge so having two trash cans seems absolutely silly. However, I keep thinking about the zones in our kitchen and I feel like having a trash can near the exterior of the kitchen near where we'll store the kids' snacks would be very useful. Our main trash will be in the island in the prep and clean up zones, and I think that it will bothersome to have the kids (and guests) always walking around in my space while I'm working. Plus I imagine the kids (and DH) leaving wrappers on the counter.

Right now my one wall has 36" for a fridge, 27" cabinets for the shelf MW, and 33" for whatever. I'm thinking about dividing the 33" into a 15" pull out trash and 18" drawer stack. I plan to put large 27" drawers under the shelf MW and load the deepest one up with snacks. Any other ideas?

I'm meeting with the KD at the cabinet place on Wednesday. Is this a crazy idea to have 2 pull out trash cans in the kitchen???

Here's a photo to show the general layout of my kitchen. The DW has been moved to the opposite side of the main sink, and there will be a prep sink in the corner of the island nearest the pantry.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio