SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessicadesch

Need help with 15 x 11 Living Room Layout!

Jess Desch
6 years ago

Please help make this room more organized and relaxing!

Sorry for the mess. We are working on "decluttering". We love to have people over (even though it's a small home), and we use the living room more than any other room in the house.

I would love help making this room more relaxing. We are working on minimizing our material things because clutter is stressful. We are renting and hoping to make a cross country move within the next 7 months, so we don't want to put money into it as much as possible. We are OK with getting rid of things though! or relocating things when necessary.

I think all our furniture is to bulky for a room this size, but we will live with what we have for now. The curtain on the entryway door is to keep AC to one room. I will post some pics of styles I love in the comments, so they aren't confused with our current situation.

The photo shows measurements I thought might be useful, and I will list them again below, all measurements are from interior so framing is not included:

Room: 15' x 11' (height guess: 8.5')

Door/Entryway: 3' x 6' 8" and 1' into the room

Windows: 2' 5" x 5' 5" and 2' off the floor (single window is 22" into room; pair of windows, one is 1' in and the other is 23" into the room)

Built-in Bookshelf: 2' 5" x 5' 5" and 2' off the floor (& 22" into room)

Sofa: 7' 2" x 3' 2"

Love Seat: 5' x 3' 2"

Recliner: 3' 4" x 3'

Dog Crate: 42" x 28" x 30"

Entertainment System: Guess.... 5' x 20"

Dog Bed: Guess... 4.5' x 3'

Comments (33)