SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_davis4263

Need help with 11x11 open kitchen layout

Jessica Davis
7 years ago

Hi!

i have been lurking on GW for awhile. My husband and I are looking into building a home. The builder has a plan we are interested in but I would like to open up the kitchen. We toured a home being built of the same floor plan and the lady had slipped the kitchen layout and did a pony wall instead of a full wall.

i would love an l shape with island but I don't know if that is possible with the space limitations. I just really want it open to the dining and living room. We are going to add 2 or 3 feet on to the front of the living room for more walk space between the areas.

i am attaching the builder's floor plan along with two picture from the house we toured. I realize how valuable a pantry would be in a kitchen but I hate that you see the pantry when you walk in the front door of the house in the house we toured.

We we will be using standard size appliances with a microwave over the stove.

We we have a one year old daughter and plan on having at least one more. I want to be able to interact with the family while I cook.

I don't know if it matters but I am planning on white cabinets with a marble looking counter top. We are probably going with 9 foot ceilings which would upgrade to the 42" cabinets.

thank you for any suggestions in advance!

Jessica

Comments (18)