SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koletta_anastasia

My Succulents Look Unhealthy (I'm a newbie)

I bought a few succulents and a cacti on July 25th and they all looked wonderful. I repot them to a cleaner looking pot on July 27th using husk and perlite. I live in Jakarta Indonesia and it is pretty tropical here; 26-30 degree Celsius. We got sunlight from 6 AM - 5 PM but after 10 AM it gets pretty hot.

I've been noticing the change after a week and a half (photos below) after I repot it. Since I'm new to succulents, I asked the seller on how I should take care of them and this is what she told me:

- Put them outside for 3 hours from 7 AM - 10 AM (before it gets too hot).

- Water them once a week (after a few reading here and there I only water them when their soil is already really really dry. So far I've watered them twice since I bought them).

I feel like my Green Prince (correct me if I'm wrong) and my other Echeveria suffer the same condition. Their leaves are starting to get more and more pale and the leaves are stretched; as if they lack sunlight. If so what should I do?

p.s. The climate here in Indonesia is different since we're in Asia.

My Perle von Nurnberg also looks unhealthy in my eyes. The color on the second & third photo is a bit too dark but in real life it doesn't lose its color.

Another unhealthy baby (I think).

My cacti also looks like its color is less vibrant? But the flower on top seems to be growing so I guess that's okay?

Please help me guys! Thank you.

Comments (9)