SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Islay Corbell, thank-you for the tart recipe

plllog
6 years ago

I had this box of beautiful apricots that didn't have much flavor. Perfect for a tart. IC's recipe for the shell was even better because it's three ingredients, bing bang boom. For the filling, I used the rest of the little tub of creme fraiche that I'd opened for the crust and stirred in half a jar of lemon curd that really needed using up. On top of that was toasted skinless almond flour then the apricots sliced and lightly sautéed with a little Kahlua because I didn't know where the brandy was (this wasn't at my house). The dozen slices that sat in the bottom of the bowl as they were chilling got too Kahlua flavored, but there wasn't room for them anyway. I made a kind of dahlia pattern, but shoved in as many slices as I could fit, and they did taste properly apricot, the way they do when heated with alcohol.

It was yummy. Including the crust (which I often leave behind).

Islay Corbell's tart (well more than I needed for a 9" Pyrex):

340g flour, 290G butter, 60g cream, yogurt, fromage frais - whatever you have. Whizz the flour and butter up in robot, ad cream and sqush together with your hands. Very forgiving and so melt in the mouth.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz