SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginger_st_thomas

RECIPE: Two great tart recipes

ginger_st_thomas
20 years ago

For this one & the one below I made the tart shells (unbaked)the day before & froze them.

BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TART

6 TBL butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1/8 tsp salt

3/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup + 3 TBL Dutch processed cocoa

3/4 cup flour

10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped (used Calledbaut since it's cheaper here than regular Baker's, etc. & it's good)

1 1/4 cups whipping cream

Combine butter & sugar in food processor. Add salt, vanilla & cocoa. Process 1 minute. Add flour. Processuntil just blended. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll out mixture into an 11" disk. Refrigerate several hours. (I think this is unnecessary. Would be better to just press into the springform pan.) Press into a 10" springform pan & prick bottom of shell with a fork. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 5 minutes or until pastry is dry. Cool.

Heat chocolate & whipping cream over low heat until smooth. Pour chocolate cream mixture through a wire-meshed strainer into cooled tart shell. Refrigerate at leat 3 hours.

To serve: lay a stencil over the center of tart. Using a fine strainer, sift remaining cocoa over top. (I used powdered sugar because the cocoa wouldn't show against the dark chocolate.) Left off stencil to reveal chocolate pattern. Unmold & remove from pan.~~

The lemon curd tart below is really the best I've ever made. I didn't put the curd over the tart shell until I was ready to serve so the crust stayed crisp. However, the one piece left over this AM was still really good. It's not difficult to make, either.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemon Curd Tart

Comments (6)