Supper Time on Saturday
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Saturday Supper Time?
Comments (8)I've eaten the same thing on Saturday night since I was a kid, baked beans and hot dogs. Though tonight I'm having a small steak grilled on the gas grill. Oh, and brown bread. DH doesn't like baked beans so he's having a burger and salad....See MoreSupper Time on Saturday!
Comments (7)The last of the leftovers! I made my self a turkey, stuffing , cranberry sauce sandwich on white bread! Pumpkin pie for dessert. (Still more of the pie left)...See MoreSupper Time on Monday!
Comments (15)Last nights supper was the same as the night before and the night before that..Daughter brought over a turkey dinner complete with stuffing, gravy, taters, vegetable and pumpkin pie on Saturday. There is still enough for today's lunch in the fridge. I have been totally wiped out for a month trying to take up the slack since DH's knee surgery., so it was really appreciated....and delicious....See MoreSupper Time on Monday!
Comments (23)I am starting to think maybe we should have gone out to eat. I took what I thought was chili out of the freezer Saturday night. Tonight I opened it and it is baked beans. So I thought what will I make now. I made Lipton noodle soup knock off with extra noodles and I will make grilled cheeses with it. DH isn't here yet and since I never ate dinner I thought I would have just a little of it. I always put cinnamon in my CN soup. Well it didn't look very dark to me and I figured it was ginger instead right away. Yes I was right. I had to get that out of there. Good thing it was thick so I could just take the noodles off that it was on. Then I put some cinnamon in it, and I could taste the ginger just slightly. Today I started putting some of the baskets together that I need for Friday. I also made another pan of bars and this caramel sauce from GeniusKitchen. READY IN: 15mins YIELD: 2 1/2 cups UNITS: US Ingredients Nutrition 3⁄4 cup butter 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons water 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Advertisement Directions Combine butter, brown sugar, water, and salt in a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 3 to 5 minutes depending upon thickness desired. Remove from heat and stir in evaporated milk and vanilla/ I boiled it for 5 minutes. If you want a thinner sauce you don't boil it as long. It turned out really good. I put some in a 1 cup jar and stacked 2 red delicious apples on top of it and then put the cellophane on it. I had seen this at a bake sale 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a cute idea/...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: Share Supper in the Kitchen
Gather friends but leave the stress behind with a casual kitchen meal that still feels special
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Bootlegging Past, Quirky Supper Club Present
The only crime in this newly bustling home on a Washington, D.C., lot is the sinfully delicious cooking
Full Story
LIFEChore Time: How to Work Better as a Family
That’s not just a crumb-strewn counter or a yard scattered with leaves. It’s a valuable opportunity
Full Story
EVENTSIn Connecticut, a Midcentury Legacy Evolves for Modern Times
A May house tour taps into New Canaan’s rich repository of modernist homes and contemporary designs
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Time to Get Your 'Doctor Who' Tardis Blue On
The time machine may be fictional, but you can show your fandom for real with Tardis-theme home accessories
Full Story
LIFE8 Ways to Find Time and Feel Less Frazzled at Home
Relax and recharge by reclaiming your time with ideas even the busiest people can use
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHouzz Quiz: How to Find Your ‘Me Time’ Place
Looking for the best place in your house to soothe away your stress? We’re here to help
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Eclectic Repurposing Fits First-Time Homeowners in Utah
DIY projects using reclaimed materials add rustic style to an open-layout Salt Lake City home
Full Story
EVENTSSee ‘Chihuly in the Garden’ at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
The glass artist’s work is well-sited to complement and contrast with beautiful plantings. His new installation opens Saturday
Full Story
DINING ROOMS12 Breakfast Nooks Cool Enough for a Dinner Party
The banquette where you sip your morning coffee can also make a cozy corner for an intimate supper or a game night
Full Story
satine_gw