Supper Time on Saturday!
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
Related Discussions
What's for supper.....Saturday?
Comments (8)We were out shopping so we stopped at Alicias Mexican restaurant, I had a half order of the mixed fajita nachos, they are so good but I can't eat the whole half order way too much. Then we went to Walmart to pick up a few items. I am glad to be home in my recliner....See MoreSupper Time on Saturday
Comments (19)We normally have a quesadilla on Saturday night and popcorn later, but instead we attended our annual high school Alumni Banquet (just over 200 in attendance). It always includes what I call "old people food" and was catered by a local food market. There were 2 attendees from the 1936 80-year class. Our former principle attended- 97-years old, and science teacher - 88 (both live easy walking distance from the school). Menu: Chicken Fried Steak, Meat Loaf, Smoked Pork Mashed Potatoes, Hash Brown Casserole, Rice Pilaf Green Beans, Corn Fruit Salad, 7-Layer Salad Rolls & Butter ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We wait for Colorado peaches in the summer, which are sold in a hotel parking lot once a week during peach season. Otherwise I use frozen and freeze-dried peaches, and an occasional can of spiced sliced peaches....See MoreSupper Time on Tuesday!
Comments (20)Salmon patties, made with canned salmon, a little minced onion and green pepper, and dusted with corn meal before browning in ghee....we like them a bit crunchy on the edges. Made a quinoa salad this morning with all kinds of fresh, raw veggies including a bit of seeded jalapeno for some nice heat. It's been marinating in a light vinaigrette all day. I'm going to slice a juicy tomato from the garden just before we eat and serve everything with a bowl of tzatziki with fresh dill on the side....See MoreSupper Time on Monday!
Comments (23)I am starting to think maybe we should have gone out to eat. I took what I thought was chili out of the freezer Saturday night. Tonight I opened it and it is baked beans. So I thought what will I make now. I made Lipton noodle soup knock off with extra noodles and I will make grilled cheeses with it. DH isn't here yet and since I never ate dinner I thought I would have just a little of it. I always put cinnamon in my CN soup. Well it didn't look very dark to me and I figured it was ginger instead right away. Yes I was right. I had to get that out of there. Good thing it was thick so I could just take the noodles off that it was on. Then I put some cinnamon in it, and I could taste the ginger just slightly. Today I started putting some of the baskets together that I need for Friday. I also made another pan of bars and this caramel sauce from GeniusKitchen. READY IN: 15mins YIELD: 2 1/2 cups UNITS: US Ingredients Nutrition 3⁄4 cup butter 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons water 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Advertisement Directions Combine butter, brown sugar, water, and salt in a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 3 to 5 minutes depending upon thickness desired. Remove from heat and stir in evaporated milk and vanilla/ I boiled it for 5 minutes. If you want a thinner sauce you don't boil it as long. It turned out really good. I put some in a 1 cup jar and stacked 2 red delicious apples on top of it and then put the cellophane on it. I had seen this at a bake sale 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a cute idea/...See More
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: Share Supper in the Kitchen
Gather friends but leave the stress behind with a casual kitchen meal that still feels special
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Bootlegging Past, Quirky Supper Club Present
The only crime in this newly bustling home on a Washington, D.C., lot is the sinfully delicious cooking
Full Story
LIFEChore Time: How to Work Better as a Family
That’s not just a crumb-strewn counter or a yard scattered with leaves. It’s a valuable opportunity
Full Story
EVENTSIn Connecticut, a Midcentury Legacy Evolves for Modern Times
A May house tour taps into New Canaan’s rich repository of modernist homes and contemporary designs
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Time to Get Your 'Doctor Who' Tardis Blue On
The time machine may be fictional, but you can show your fandom for real with Tardis-theme home accessories
Full Story
LIFE8 Ways to Find Time and Feel Less Frazzled at Home
Relax and recharge by reclaiming your time with ideas even the busiest people can use
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHouzz Quiz: How to Find Your ‘Me Time’ Place
Looking for the best place in your house to soothe away your stress? We’re here to help
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Eclectic Repurposing Fits First-Time Homeowners in Utah
DIY projects using reclaimed materials add rustic style to an open-layout Salt Lake City home
Full Story
EVENTSSee ‘Chihuly in the Garden’ at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
The glass artist’s work is well-sited to complement and contrast with beautiful plantings. His new installation opens Saturday
Full Story
DINING ROOMS12 Breakfast Nooks Cool Enough for a Dinner Party
The banquette where you sip your morning coffee can also make a cozy corner for an intimate supper or a game night
Full Story
ravencajun Zone 8b TX