SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anne_neikirk

Upstairs vs downstairs bedrooms

Anne Neikirk
6 years ago

Hello! New to this forum, and looking for advice on where to set up master and baby rooms. My husband and I are buying our first home, closing at the end of the month. It's a small Cape Cod (1300sq ft) with 4 bedrooms: 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. The largest bedroom is on the second floor, second largest is on the first floor, and the other two are small. However, the house has 2 full bathrooms but they are BOTH downstairs, no bathrooms upstairs. The second bathroom is off of the smallest bedroom on the first floor (strange!). The other full bath stands alone in the hallway. We are expecting our first child this spring, so I want the nursery to be on the same floor as us in the beginning. My question: Do we take the biggest room upstairs as the master and put the nursery on the other second floor room (and deal with having to go downstairs to the bathroom), or do we put the master on the not-as-big first floor room and put the nursery in the smallest room where the second bathroom is? This is a starter home for us. We don't intend on staying more than 5-6 years, so I'm not inclined to do a major renovation.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus