SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahelmers1

Ultra Simple Cell Phone Search

runninginplace
6 years ago

For someone who's not old, just a stubbornly determined Luddite!

My husband has adamantly refused to use a cell phone and I've tolerated his mulish rejection for years, but it's time. For various reasons he just has to be reachable, and to be able to call if he ever needs assistance.

However, this is a person who determinedly refuses to 'understand' how to use a cell phone. I don't buy it for a second since he also holds a graduate degree in computer science, is a senior systems analyst by trade and routinely uses extremely arcane and complicated equipment like diving safety computers and precise online locational tools-he's a GPS ninja.

Anyway, following that long whin...introduction-I'm searching for the cheapest simplest possible cell phone. Not a smart phone, no need for texting or photography or games or internet connectivity. Just a device that will receive and make phone calls, preferably one which can be programmed so all he has to do is hit a button marked 'Runninginplace' to call me or answer a prompt called 'Runninginplace' to respond to me calling him!

I think I know there are pay as you go phones like something called a jitterbug or a go phone??? Obviously I need to do my own research but if anyone has had good experience getting one of these for a non techie or fellow refusnik in the technology world of today, your input is most welcome.

Comments (14)