SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Cell phone confusion...

IdaClaire
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My Samsung Galaxy S8 is coming up on 3 years old and has, over the past month or two, started acting a bit wonky. I've had to do a network reset three times in that span of time (under the advice of my carrier's customer service), and I've had trouble receiving and sending texts intermittently. Yesterday I dropped the phone and the screen shattered at the corner and sent two cracks running across the display. It's still usable, but I am probably ready to pull the trigger on a new phone soon.I am confused by so much when it comes to this technology. I'm not even quite sure how I ended up with an android, and at first I was thinking I'd just get the latest Samsung, which is a 5G phone, but I'm not committed to that. Is there any advantage to an iphone instead? I don't even know for sure where to go to read the most reliable reviews.Can anyone shed some light on how to best go about choosing? When considering spending close to $1k, I want to be sure I choose wisely. But that's hard to do when there are options out there that I don't even understand.

Comments (56)