SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlj48

Please help with furniture arrangement

6 years ago

Well we sold our home and relocated for my husband's new job. Some of you may remember that post. We purchased this home and I am having so much difficulty trying to arrange the furniture. This room will be used as a family room to watch TV and enjoy the fireplace. We tried the TV on top of the fireplace and beside the fireplace, but we didn't like how it stretched our neck and blocked the window. So this seems to be the best placment for the tv. We want to purchase a new sofa and thought about a couple of reclining chairs that swivel, to enjoy both fireplace and tv. Right now the high arms on the sofa seem to cut off conversation with the person in the recliner, and I feel like I have a wall of seating instead of an arrangement. And the soffit makes it difficult for placement of a sofa. I also have a wooden cabinet behind the door that was used for collectibles and photo albums but I don't think it will fit in this room. It can't stay where it is as the door knob going out hits it when opened. I love sectionals but I don't think that will work either. Perhaps a sofa with a Chase but I'm not sure. I don't want to make a mistake. Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thank you, please excuse mess. We are still unpacking.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County