SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sphnix20

Please Help with my home exterior

Sphinx
6 years ago

Hello All- We bought a old home with fieldstone/ stucco exterior and looking to do complete renovation inside/out. I am torn about the exterior of the house- if should keep the fieldstone or replace that with white hardie board whole house as I like that traditional white clapboard look.

My questions are:

1. Should I replace stone? Or am I making a mistake by taking them out?

2. Should I keep stone but extend it to main portion of the house and put siding on the two smaller structure (which we will build up) and around?

3. Does repointing the stone and cleaning up make it better visually? Because right now it does not look too good.

4. We are hoping to replace all windows in the house. But in doing so, I would like them symmetrical (typical colonial structure with two sets of windows on either side and centering the door. Will that be possible? Some what like this:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/counselmen-road-project-traditional-exterior-dc-metro-phvw-vp~364333

Please share your thoughts. I would really appreciate the feedback from those that are experienced. Here is the current look of the house:

Comments (4)