SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Good-bye July, Hello August (Week 1)

So, here we are, with the ending of another summer month as this work week begins and the start of our final summer month. How bizarre is it to have below-average temperatures and above-average rainfall in the forecast at this time of the year? We'll take it, won't we?

I hope that everyone is able to take advantage of the cooler daytime temperatures to get some tasks done out in the garden this week. A little rainfall (or, a lot of rainfall if you are Jay) would help with that.

We're still in the 90s here, but cooler than when we were in the 100s, so I'm trying to enjoy the slightly cooler weather while hoping each day that we will get even cooler weather than we've had so far. I'm supposed to get my wish tomorrow at long last. I plan to pop out of bed before sunrise tomorrow and be out the door and headed for the garden as soon as their is enough daylight to avoid stepping on snakes.

My plan for this morning involves harvesting enough peppers to make some pepper jelly. I'm going to strip the pepper plants of all fruit of a good, usable size and then feed the plants in the hope that the cooler (and hopefully wetter) weather this week will send them into a fruit-setting frenzy.

That's my only real plan for today, but I have big plans for tomorrow if only the fabled cooldown arrives.

What's new in your gardens this week? What are y'all harvesting? Is anyone getting fall plantings in this week?

Dawn

Comments (2)