SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrienations

Feeling horrible about recent design choices :(

carrienations
6 years ago

I need to vent. My husband and I are slowly fixing up a 1957 condo, and a few of our latest design adventures have turned into fiascos. This is our first home, we don't have a ton of money and are doing all the designing and most of the work ourselves.

Usually I think I have a pretty good sense for colors and materials, but I recently ruined an awesome room by making some bad choices. We have a sweet enclosed balcony/lanai that had ratty old 80s carpet and yellowish walls when we moved in. I always had high hopes for this room, but the carpet we recently had installed looks absolutely hideous. I admittedly played it too safe, and chose a blah light gray (that FEELS great on my feet!) that ended up being so disappointing. What's worse, it didn't go with the wall color, so we repainted the room today with the same off-white that's in the rest of the house, and it looks EVEN WORSE!!!

Sitting here looking at it, I could cry. It's so frustrating spending hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't even look better than what you replaced. I feel so disappointed in myself, and I'm just filled with dread and sadness every time I look into the room.

anybody else ever get frustrated by their design choices? Sometimes I feel like I just have no idea what I'm doing :(

Comments (85)