SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
recordaras

Miele T8023C Condenser Dryer Filter/Vent Error :/

recordaras
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

A couple of weeks ago the Filter/Vent error light started coming on every few loads, and then that switched to every single load. I scheduled a service call, the Miele techs came yesterday and weren't able to give me any answers. They adjusted the incoming air sensor, told me to scrub the mesh lint filters and supposed it could have something to do with the fact that our 220V is actually 208V and the current fluctuates when the elevator is used (which has always been the case, so not sure that would affect the error light becoming an issue 2.5 years after the dryer was installed).

I ran a load after they left and... Filter/Vent light again. :/ I have another call scheduled for next week, and this time I won't let them leave till we run a full cycle to the end, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what could be the problem. I read quite a few threads on the issue with vented Miele dryers, but haven't found much on the same problem with condenser models. I'm a little concerned that Miele might put the "blame" on our electric supply and/or the fact that there's not enough airflow in the bathroom, but both of these things would have caused issues from the get go I think. Not to mention that when I lived in Europe my condenser was in a TINY bathroom 1/3 of the size that we have now with no window or vent and that was never a problem. :/

Another data point: the error happens only on the Normal or Wrinkle Free cycles, and not on the timed 20 or 45 minute ones.

On the bright side, they told me that I have the cleanest dryer they have ever seen, so that's a plus I guess. And very happy I had purchased the extended warranty! If I had to pay over $200 for a service call that resulted in instructions to wash the lint screens and zero resolution of the problem I'd be more than a little unhappy.

Comments (9)