SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleep423

Worst thing that happened while under contract?

What was the worst thing that happened to you while you were pending on a home?

Our closing date is set for August 18th, and a few days ago my husbands car went to crap. We both work so sharing a car wasn't an option, he has a 50 mile commute so biking or walking or having a friend drive him to work wasn't an option either. We couldn't pull money from savings due to the pending mortgage, same goes for pulling out a loan.

So we had to borrow $1600 from my MIL that we'll pay back soon after closing, to buy a 1997 Integra that will hopefully last a few months. And the day after all that happened, the home inspector didn't show up to our appointment. We already had to ask for an extension for attorney review, so we had to scramble to find someone who could do it the day after because the sellers attorney was going out of town that afternoon, and they wanted it done before she left for 10 days. Those were two of the most stressful days of my life. I'm still stressing over the whole car issue.

What are some of your horror stories? And I do want to say that I realize this is sprinkles and fairy dust to the seller backing out last minute, I cannot even imagine.

Comments (48)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert