SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Tuesday openings

Julia WV (6b)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

A few more have decided to show themselves. Seeing splotchy blooms on some of the ones that have been blooming for awhile. The sudden drop in day to night temps provides for a "dewy" morning along with the abundance of rain we got yesterday again. Suppose to be dry for the next couple of days going into the 80's but nighttime temps still look to be staying in the low 60's. At least it isn't 90's.

Here are some for today.

JOSHUA SLOCUM - not a vigorous bloomer or increaser here but has an interesting color and form which I like but still deciding whether it stays or goes. I have it next to Pink Whip Tips but both need to move out.

SUBSPACE FREQUENCY - second opening. Moved it last fall to the redo bed. Shorter and less scapes and blooms.

MARGO REED INDEED - moved it in the spring to the redo bed. It already had a good increase when moved, many scapes came up but I haven't counted buds yet.

WESTBOURNE VALENTINE'S DAY - It has been here several years, blooms mid-late, good size blooms, increases okay. It is Inca Prince that is showing in the lower left.

BETTY SPAGETTI - much taller than last year, not a big increaser. Haven't counted the buds yet. The thin bamboo post behind and to the side is not used to prop it upright but I have a circle of poles around that bed since that is the place the deer had come in the spring and chewed down plants in that bed. All the plants in that bed are Judy Davisson intros plus a lily shown below.

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS - In the holding bed opening this morning. Its a reddish-orange color. Very intense color this morning.

CROWN OF CREATION - 2nd opening. I plan to move it over to another area once it finishes blooming. Increases good, many scapes and buds.

JAMIE DOCKERY - it started blooming 2 days ago and I forgot to post it or did I ?. This is the one that reminds me of Claudine's Charm. Not sure which one to keep.

CAPACITY FOR WONDER - poor thing is overshadowed by Black Falcon Ritual. Another that needs a better spot.

Edit: My computer has stopped loading photos. I'm sure it could be the traffic here on GW/Houzz. Will do another post later of multi's and garden shots.

Julia

Comments (10)