SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Tuesday Blooms

11 years ago

It's a good time, I don't need to choose much to post ;) I don't know how ladies with more than 100 flowers decide what to show :))

It cooled down considerably here, to I guess 50s at night, and at 10am not all of them were open flat.

Here are some new, FFOs, and couple repeats

Wild Horses FFO - opened fully; this is also one of the plants where a scape dried out

{{gwi:767947}}

:) This should be in 'Our daylily mistakes'. It's FFO on Chorus Line. I managed to find some room couple weeks ago and I was determined to move my first (bareroot) daylilies which I planted way too close. Of course most of them were with scapes by that time, and Chorus Line is only one of them that kept the buds, but here's the flower. Note to self - do not transplant with scapes!

{{gwi:767949}}

Berry Delicious, again. Usually the first flower is not so good and then it improves. Not the case with this one. After very good FFO the flowers either don't open fully or tangle in their ruffles. This is only one of three today that looked more or less, it's also smaller than FFO

{{gwi:767951}}

Siloam Doodlebug FFO

{{gwi:767954}}

George Jets On FFO (not open flat yet)

{{gwi:767956}}

Undercurrent FFO (this was open :)

{{gwi:767958}}

And I'll close with Loaves and Fishes. Second flower seems darker than the first I posted. Love it!

{{gwi:767961}}

And now that most of mine are with scapes I go and look for dried up scapes, yes, a lot of plants have them :( I found today that Grace Brooker that opened its FFO y'day, that very scape dried out. And found a cluster of buds laying near Lullaby Baby, now this time I know what happened - my husband was mowing yesterday, and LB is too close to the lawn. Here's another Daylily Mistake.

Thanks for looking :)

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz