SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fay_fay

Advice on sofa / rug to work with Knoll Womb Chair in my living room!

fay_fay
6 years ago

I have a much-loved and carefully restored 1952 Knoll Womb Chair, upholstered in Knoll Atelier Fabric, and a new living room that I need to furnish - around the chair!

So - I need some help figuring out what color and type of rug and sofa to put with the chair (I will include some ideas), plus consider where I will place the furniture in the room. There's a great view from the living room so it's hard to place anything facing any direction other than "out".

Here's what the living room looked like when it was staged for sale:

And here's my precious chair in the living room, now a little chaotic after our move.

Here's a panorama of the room, a little distorted. Don't worry we'll lose the cat tree!

So - we need to add a sofa and swap out the small bright rug with something bigger that fits the space better. Here's a sofa and rug I am eyeing at Rejuvenation:

We have a lot of folk and ethnic art that will add color when we get it hung. Here's an example.

So - design think tank: What color and type of sofa / rug would you pair with the chair, and where would you put the sofa? In the same location as the staged example? Thanks!

Comments (7)