SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkliveng

NC Home - Created by ARG

jkliveng
6 years ago

Introducing another home designed by ARG.

15 wooded hilly acres north of the Triad in NC (Zone 7b). No view of the property from the street.

2 adults + 1 toddler + 1 dog currently. More kids/animals planned.

The bubble diagram I gave to ARG:

Needs included storage storage
storage (pantry, basement, closets, mudroom, playroom). Between the 2 of us, we cook, grill, hunt,
play sports, sew, play video games, wood work, etc. Unfortunately our hobbies are bulky. Also wanted a nice outdoor space and
garden. The barn is already built
(32x50), but Doug included a face lift for it to match the home. We wanted a very simple footprint.

Inspiration photos:

The Sawyer Post and Beam Barn Home · More Info

The Grantham Lakehouse · More Info

Property: top red oval is where the barn is. Bottom red oval is home site.

Home Site:

Latest draft:

Things to note:

- - Kitchen – wanted view to the garden and driveway. Planning one large island but nothing is set in stone. I bought a slab of an old bowling
alley lane to create an island with. Dining area won't block the pantry, we will just have a small table there. Large dinners will be hosted outside or in the barn in most cases.

- - Playroom upstairs – planning on some sort of
half or interesting wall there instead just of a typical loft railing or a solid wall.

- - There was a lot of back and forth on the clouds, but I think I am happy with them.

- Home with face east/south east.

As far as the process, it's been very easy to work with Doug. I had a good idea of what I wanted and he nailed it pretty quickly.

Let me know if you have any feedback. Once I have plans back from the draftsman I
will start another post to be added to through construction. I will also post in the kitchen forum then.

Thanks!

J

Comments (19)