SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
07cooper

Suggestions to improve laundry and pantry layout

07Cooper
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I currently have a small reach in pantry in my current home. It works for the amount of food I buy but there is no space to store the bigger kitchen appliances (mixer, slow cooker, etc) or the dog food (big Costco bag). So in the new home I requested a walk in pantry. Likewise I don't have a true laundry room, just a closet, so a separate laundry was important. I now have both! However I wonder if the space can be better utilized. Do I need this size pantry? We are a family of 2 and sometimes 3 when the oldest is home from school.

Originally the pantry had a regular door opening in and the laundry a barn door. I don't really care for barn doors so I decided to remove the pantry door and leave it open to the kitchen and put a standard door on the laundry. Below is the floorplan and also my inspiration pic for the laundry. The pantry is 8/8x5/5 and the laundry 8/8x7/6. Nick suggested removing the pantry doorway completely and entering the pantry through the laundry, and having cabinets in the kitchen as additional pantries for everyday needs. I don't know that I care for that, though it was a good idea and cuts down the number of doors in the kitchen.

A big shout out to the buehl in the kitchen forum, for designing the layout. This is one of 3 she suggested and I am very thankful for her help.

House Plan · More Info

Neal · More Info

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations