SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

This Shouldn't Be So Hard (finding the right sized sink)

aloha2009
6 years ago

We are debating between using a 30" or a 36" sink cabinet. Both would work and have their advantages and disadvantages.

The problem is finding sink options especially for the 30" that are clear they would fit in a 30" cabinet. After reading multitudes of threads on this and other sites, along with questions posed on Amazon, I'm often left unclear as to how to find the largest sink for a 30" single bowl cabinet. Though the manufacturer indicates a larger size, multitudes of posters say they installed the cabinet in a 30" cabinet, sometimes with out cutting into the sides of the cabinet. Perhaps someone can show me their installation (or another posters that I missed) where they were able to get perhaps a 28" inside dimension sink into a 30" cabinet.

I know I want to have the option to someday be able to replace the sink (if it would ever need it) w/o tearing apart a new kitchen to get the previous one out. Once the countertop is down I don't see how a sink would ever come out w/o a major tear out (perhaps I'm missing something) the way some posters have installed on.

Is their a site others go on, to filter out according to the size of the cabinet (even if it's the manufacters recommendation). I try to pull up 30 or 36 inch cabinets and I am overloaded with both. Again, this shouldn't be this hard.

Comments (12)