SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harding121

Fall Overseed (Elite KBG)

Don Zebowitch
6 years ago

Hello all,

I have been following many of you and gaining a lot of knowledge and ideas. I truly appreciate it.

At the end of August I plan on introducing an elite KBG cultivar(s) to my 2000K lawn. The existing lawn has come a long way and honestly I am proud of it, but it just doesn't have that "wow" appearance. I'm thinking it's because I have been using cheap seed to overseed, any maybe even had a little Poa T outbreak from it. I've been pretty consistent and smart with maintenance and irrigation, completed a soil correction thanks to Morph, and feed quite a bit organically.

I would like to seed with Midnight or Midnight II, along with maybe one more (upon any of your suggestions) because I understand having just one cultivar isn't a good idea.

My plan is to: (in order, I think)

• Scalp and bag clippings (gradually, over the course of a week)

• Aerate heavily (I know some don't like it but...Tenacity)

• Level (or start to...I know it can be a long process) a low spot with all purpose sand

• Milo at double bag rate

• Seed

• PGR app to keep existing turf at bay

• Tenacity app for whatever Poa control and pre emergent I can get for what...30 days? (Also...skip the surfactant for pre-emergent control, correct?)

• Water briefly 3x a day

• Starter fert at bag rate upon germination

Any suggestions or criticism is welcome. I've learned much from all of you. Thank you.

Comments (12)