SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Garage conversion suggestions

ellusionz
6 years ago

Hello! I am looking for some ideas for a garage conversion we are looking to do as soon as my old house sells so I have the funds. If anyone here has some time and would like to share I'd love to hear.

Right now it is a garage/workshop. The wall in the middle is currently there, along with the doors on the left and right of the building. The bathroom is in the same place but a half bath (no shower). There are also 3 windows currently, two already marked, one is also in the middle bottom of the bedroom above.

Needs:

Dedicated laundry room - accessible from that outside door and an inside door, to included extra space for storage (utility room expanded may give space for shelving?)

Bathroom with walk in shower big enough to wash large dog.

Closet accessible from bathroom.

Kitchenette with a full size fridge.

Nice french doors w/ large glass side windows to replace garage door or something similar to give best natural lighting.

Double barn doors into the bedroom (I've seen these on home shows always wanted a set!)

I added the red line as a wall that would also have a door in it to give me access to the laundry room. That's the only thing fully wrong with this blueprint. My only concern with this one is it just seems so blocky, I'd really like it to have a unique kind of cottage feel to it.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions y'all might be able to share my way!

Comments (3)