SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saady8

Brown spots on Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

S H
6 years ago

Hello, I need help to save my FLF tree.

Al (Tapla) helped me last year with saving my plant (my nickname was Planning Department), and I thought since then I had it under control - the issue was related to watering methods. But after a year, recently I noticed my plant has a lot of brown dots and black specks on its top leaves. I read most of Houzz discussions, especially Al's comments, about FLF brown spots to diagnose the issue myself. I think it's related to fungus but not sure. Some of them also seem to have oedena.

Could you please review the photos I attached here and help me with this? I moved to a new apt 4 months ago so now my plant gets more light (mostly indirect). I water it every 3-4 weeks - I poke my fingers about 1-2 inches to ensure the soil is dry. I mist it with water spray maybe once a week or less. (I am now thinking the water left on the leaves from misting might have caused this brown spot problem.) As shown in the photos, the bottom leaves look okay. The top leaves have brown spots near the stems. A few of them after a week dried out and fell off. The plant didn't lose many leaves until this week.

Initially I thought brown spots were due to the shock from the recent move. But only top leaves are infected so it may not be related to the move. I just hope the brown spots do not spread anymore. I am wondering if I need to cut out these infected leaves or spray with insecticidal soap. I am also wondering if I need to prune the plants or re-pot them, including pruning roots.

Do you think I am underwatering it? Any advice?

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions