SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vesfl

How do you plan your rose garden?

Whenever I look at your gorgeous rose gardens, I wonder how you go about planning it. I thought it would be nice if we could share our garden beds/borders design ideas.

There are so many factors that can be involved that it's enough to make one's head spin :-) Anyhow, please share your experience with some or all of these so that some of us can continue learning from your collective wisdom:

- What priorities do you have when planning a new border or large bed with roses mixed with other plants?

- Are there any perennials that you prefer with your roses?

- Do you like these companion perennials in groupings or individually interspersed with roses and other flowers?

- How do you coordinate different bloom times to ensure that there is always something blooming with your roses and when roses go dormant?

- Do you start by first planning the back/taller parts of your borders (say, delphiniums) and then move toward the front or rather go about it differently (e.g., seasonally?)?

- Do you think about the cascading effect while planning and what are your favorite choices (tall, medium, short kinda thing)?

Or any other thoughts you find important to put into planning your mixed borders or raised beds (mixed, of course, with roses)... Thank you!

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996