SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
al032184

Need Help w/ Newly Seeded Area Zone 7a

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I seeded a small area about 3 weeks ago in my back yard. It's a half shade to mostly shade area that I seeded with fine fescue and perennial rye, with a little bit of tall fescue thrown on top. I prepped the area by aerating, putting down some gypsum and lime, fertilizing with milorganite and compost, and sprinkling a little bone meal on. I put a very thin layer of top soil on the seeds when done. The area has been notoriously bare and weedy for a few years. I got rid of plantains, clovers, moss, and a little crabgrass before seeding. Preen about a month and a half before then some manual weeding. The area is surrounded by poplar trees and the ground has some roots showing. Anyway, it germinated well and was growing fine until a couple days ago. Now some of the fescue, I think, is dying and patches are forming. I haven't cut it yet. I water lightly a few times a day to keep the ground moist. It has been hot and humid lately. Hopefully someone can tell me what's going on. Thanks in advance. http://imgur.com/a/OYm28

Edit: In SE PA.

Comments (7)