SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Poor Val....poor me

marilyn_c
6 years ago

Just got home from Val's farrier and vet appointment. Had to be there at 8, since the farrier likes early appointments. Val had another treatment on his summer sore. It is very painful and they have to sedate him and also use a twitch on his upper lip. He goes back in two weeks for another treatment. He never wants to load in the trailer, so I show him a big stick. I guess he thinks I'll hit him with it, so he gets in then. I had no trouble loading him to come home...he was ready to go. But I had to go into town to the feed store, so it took awhile longer. I don't like for him to be in the trailer that long.....it is so hot.

A couple of days ago, I was sick. I don't know if it was heat exhaustion, or food poisoning (taco truck) or a virus, or even something I picked up from handling the baby raccoon. I guess I will find out in a couple of days if I don't get better. I am better....not 100%.

A few days ago, Jody's deckhand got her leg caught in one of the ropes as they were leaving the dock. Almost cut it off. Broke it above and below the knee. She is 60 yrs old and tiny....weighs about 100 lb.

It has been a rough week.

Val was so glad to be home. Me too.

Comments (39)