SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Would this caned Anglo Indian daybed originally have had a cushion?

roarah
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Many years ago I found an old caned daybed abandoned in an out building of the house I lived in. I used it as an extra bed in my twenties for guest but in my present life had no place for it but just yesterday we became a crib free house and I can put it in my guest room where the youngest slept alone until now.

It turns out this find is valuable. In pristine condition, first dibs asked More than 13k for one. While in decent condition they go from 3 to 6k. Mine is in good condition.

I am wondering if it is ok to use a custom made cushion and bolster with it or if the caning orginally would have been left visible. With a cushion it is close to a twin bed in scale so it could be used as a second bed in the guest room. It is in a room with a queen bed in it now.

It is quite large at 84 X 32 inches.

Here is the first dibs 13 k. it has no cushions with it.

I really like this look though for the room I will use it in.

Here is mine, with darker caning . Although the room is hale navy it has a lot of white too and the room is not as dark in real life. The rug is going and the chaise is not in permanent place yet and the bolster and pink crib blanket is not staying ;) my ten year old used them to read in it...

Is it ok to add a mattress like custom cushion or should I leave the cane exposed and just use a bigger bolster to read with or should I put it back in the attic?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County