SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garrett_reed3

Grass Identification

6 years ago

So I have just moved into a new house full of EVERY type of grass. fescue, blue, rye, you name it. None seem to be of an elite variety, and looks like more of years of different contractor mixes that have gone unweeded, unfertilized, etc. I also every type of weed... and LOTS of poa.

Anyway, yard is ok , and will be a project in the fall. However, this is my question:

Near the driveway I have this extremely dark green, low growing, very very thick patches of what looks like some type of dwarf bluegrass. I have mowed the lawn maybe 10 times in recent weeks, and these patches have yet to grow tall enough to even get trimmed by the mower! Awesome! ....and this is with fertilizer. I love this stuff. its beautiful, dark green, dense, and apparently low/slow growing. However, I don't know what specific variety it could possibly be. All I know, is I want a lot more of it, and want to know where to buy it!!!!!! Again, looks like a midnight type kbg if I had to guess, but nothing like I've seen in yards around here, or even the local golf courses. I'm amazed at the thickness, darkness, and slow slow growing habit it seems to have. - I'm located on the

Eastern Connecticut Shoreline.

Thank you all in advance!!!!

Comments (2)