SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaveratir

Does a prep sink take away space or add function in a small kitchen?

kaveratir
6 years ago

With the help of Buehl and several others, we redid our kitchen 7 years ago. Back then my username was rjr220, but the email account associated with that name is gone, and hence, the new name. I was one of the first to use a Kohler Stages sink. Loved it then, still love it today. Love the kitchen and it's functionality, but the kids have flown the nest and it's time for us to downsize in a year or so. We are purchasing a condo but the kitchen is a total redo (as with the bathrooms and flooring). Aren't planning to move in for a year.

The kitchen is a funky space. 16'8" by 9'2' at one end, and about 8" at the other end. Photos and layout to follow. But as I lay awake at night, I am wondering if a prep sink would add to the functionality of this long, narrow space that gives the minimum of 48" for 2 people to work. Anyone with a small space who put in a prep sink (and yes, I am planning on a Kohler Stages for my main sink -- but the 33 incher rather than the 42) in as well as a regular sink?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022