SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire131

OT: Ideas for calming down after bear encounter?

SEA SEA
6 years ago

Hi guys. I know. Not the place for such a question but it's making my ability to do laundry properly a little hard.

We have bears here. I live in the woods. It's not uncommon to have bears walking around, tearing things up, breaking into houses and cars, etc...

What is unusual is that I had to come face to face with a bear on my porch last night. We get bears in our back and front yard but there is always a little bit of distance between us. Ugh. I did gather my thoughts after a freeze up on this face to face and came back in the house, closed the door and went to my pots and pans cupboard to get a pot to bang loudly in his face. I did it and he got scared and ran away.

I went into immediate fight or flight at this meeting. I guess my Russian ancestors came to the rescue and I chose fight in those split seconds. The adrenaline dosage I was subjected to felt and still feels like I drank 9 or 10 cups of coffee all at once.

Does anyone know of any supplements or foods or something that might help clear this chemical flood out of my system. It's been over 12 hours and I'm still feeling the effects. Maybe we have a doctor in the house? My doc is out of town according to the office staff.

Thanks!!

Comments (8)