SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andy_home_improvement_98008

Need help with making a better floor plan layout for bedrooms

Andy L
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi guys,

We want to redo the layout of our second floor. Mainly around the Master bedroom. Right now we feel like the walkway between the closet and the bathroom in the Master is just wasted space. And we want to see if we can somehow fit another shared bathroom on this floor since one shared bathroom for four bedrooms is not a good ratio. Another thing we want to do is to redo the Master bathroom since the closet in there is just wasted space and it just has a tiny shower and a medium sized vanity.

I have had a few thoughts on what we can do, but I'd love to get your input.

A)

Combine current Bath and Master Bath into updated Master Bath and closet. Remove existing Master closet wall. Change the top middle bedroom into one or two bathrooms.

(Sorry about the ratio but the width of the top left 2 bedrooms are similar, at around 11.5' x 11.5'. Somehow the top left bedroom got squished when I was adding the Balcony.)

B)

Combine top middle and right bedroom into new Master bedroom. Redo the current bath and Master Bath so that Master bath is on top of the shared bath and is accessible from the new Master bedroom. Convert current Master closet into a second shared bathroom.

C)

Move the master closet where the bed currently is near the bottom right corner of the room. Expand Master bath down a few feet and remodel. Place bed on the opposite side of the room.

Do any of these plans work? Or is there a better way?

http://i.imgur.com/upGdvjR.jpg

Any help or thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)