SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremyjhartley

Changing Sprinkler head layout

Jeremy Hartley
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a zone in my yard that is somewhat shaped like a cone, wider at one end and narrower at the other. There is one straight line of 5 rotary sprinklers that cover this area. At the narrow end the area is triple covered and the rotary sprinkler only does a 1/4 turn. This area is a bit over watered. It is the end of the line on this zone. In the area between sprinklers #1-#3 however, this area is under watered and doesn't have good overlapping coverage from other zones. My question is whether I can remove and cap off the last sprinkler in the line and then shift #2 towards #1 and insert a new head between #2 and #3? Essentially taking the line between #1 and #3 which is cut in half by #2 and break it up into thirds so there are 2 sprinkler heads in between that area. Since the total number of sprinkler heads in that zone hasn't changed, it won't change the water output or the pressure, but it would result in that area getting around 50-75% more water than before. Would this work? Or am I crazy? The area around the current #4 is perfectly watered because it has good coverage from other zones, it is just that #5 is over watered and the spray area of #2 is underwatered.

Comments (11)