SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rksippel

Help with Ideas for Narrow Planting Bed - Central Florida

rksippel
6 years ago

Hello,

I am having a difficult time deciding what to do with the planting bed on the right-hand side of the driveway. It is narrow - approximately 7 foot across. I am debating what would look good in such a narrow bed, or if I should change its shape. The property line is about 10 feet from the edge of this planting bed, so I cannot enlarge it too far. I would also consider converting some of it to lawn.

The front of the house faces east. On the right-hand side of the yard, we have an oak tree that is growing rapidly and shades the front edge of the planting bed almost all morning.

This is a picture of our house from the street. We are getting ready to paint it yellow, in case you notice the yellow blob above the door. :-)

I like the planting bed on the left of the driveway. (although it needs trimmed up in this pic). I hope to keep some continuity between the planting beds.

Following are some pics of the problem area. I am planning to get rid of the spiky agave in front of the cardboard palm. Other than the 2 big palm trees, everything is changeable.

I would also like to replace the hibiscus under these windows; they seldom bloom and are leggy.

I greatly appreciate all design tips! Thank you!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus