SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sorensen_rhonda_l

Need an eye for design....please critique!

R Sorensen
6 years ago

I have looked at this plan until I am blue in the face, but now I nervous that I am missing some important design/ functional components in this plan. I'm going to modifying some areas, but I need assurance that I am doing the right thing. So here goes.....

This house is 1968 sq ft and will be occupied by my husband and I. We are both OCD and believe everything has a place so storage is essential.

FRONT BEDROOM: I plan on building a closet in the front bedroom on the bathroom wall to mirror the one in the back bedroom. The walk-in closet will be used as a holiday closet. The door will be moved closer to the front porch to access items in the back of the closet and then add a door accessible from the living room to allow the Christmas tree to slide into the front of the closet. SHOULD I add a coat closet to the pantry, so both closets have a symmetrical look from the living room?

MASTER BATHROOM: I plan on changing the layout beginning with taking half of the toilet room and making it a closet accessible from the master bedroom. I am removing the tub altogether and rotating the walk-in shower and moving it so it is located across from the sinks. Above the shower, I will add a make-up vanity and below the shower a toilet area. On the sink wall, I would have a linen closet, sink, sink, and then add another linen closet.

MUD ROOM: I plan on adding another closet immediately upon entering the house. So there would be a closet, small bench, and another closet.

LIVING ROOM: The plan is to move the fireplace to the NE corner and having a built-in bookcase for the TV where the fireplace is currently located. I would remove the right window and make the door and left window into a large slider.

KITCHEN: Thank to my Houzz friends, I am putting a wall oven on the pantry wall, move the cook top closer to the sink, and move the refrigerator closer to the cook top. Also, I need a raised dishwasher and planned on locating that to the right of the sink on the pantry wall (lots of back surgeries). Since the kitchen is 15' 8" x 11 ft, the kitchen triangle needed to be reworked.

I am open to all ideas/suggestions as well as critiques. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Comments (19)