SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariesgirlks

I have two Adenium brown thumbs:(

I'm a regular on the Cacti & Succulents forum, but new to this one. So Hello:).

I've been trying to grow Adeniums for about 5 years. I've had about one per year. Four have died on me. I still have one, but it's certainly not thriving.

The one I have never looks happy or gets any bigger. I keep him inside I know that sounds crazy, but if I give him just morning light the leaves burn. You can see in the pics that it has burned leaves. This plant sits in front of a sliding glass door. The sun shines thru that window from about 9am-2pm.

The mix it's in is about 60% pumice and 40% Cactus mix. I water when it dries out. Idk maybe I don't water enough. I can definitely be accused of not watering enough:).

This plant and I have been fighting meallybugs since December. Not tons of meallies, but a few here and there. I use rubbing alcohol and q-tips. The meallies always find the buds first and suck the life outta those first. Then move to the center growth. That's why the leaves have that funny wavy appearance. The meallybugs are responsible for that:(. I've repotted once since December. I did the repotting in March. I thought I had finally got rid of the bugs, but they still keep popping up here and there.

I love Adenium obesum and so does my mom. I would love to be able to grow her a beautiful one. Right now we just look at others pretty Adeniums:). I'm good with other succulents, but these are definitely not my forte.

I am hoping you guys can help. Lots of pics so you guys can really see the plant at every angle. Thank you in advance:).

Some of the leaves have a crispy yellow appearance. Maybe from meallybugs? I just pinched off new crispy buds. I poured rubbing alcohol on them a couple days ago. Maybe be not the best idea to do to fresh bud, but I'm getting pissed when I see meallybugs on this plant. Maybe I should have left the dead buds?

The window it sits in:).

End of last summer's blooms:). This pic gives me hope.

Comments (28)