SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberk57

My IKEA kitchen, 90% complete!

Amber Hooper
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We did a major kitchen remodel, DYI, and this site was invaluable to us during the planning process. We originally wanted an island in this kitchen and you all talked us out of it and I'm so thankful!

Here are some before photos. With 3 young kinds who are always hungry, we majorly out grew this space. We ended up taking the wall down behind the stove and opening up into the dining room. The dining room we moved to the back room right off the kitchen.

We still have some work to do like trim pieces, some paint, filler strips between cabinets and wall, window treatments, and backsplash but I'm sure that all will take a while to do so I'm sharing now. This whole project took about 2 months. We did most of the work by ourselves, hired out the electrical, gas, and countertops. Cabinets are from IKEA, appliances are all GE (we reused existing fridge and dishwasher), countertops are Solid Surface by LG in nordic white.

Kitchen · More Info

Kitchen · More Info

Missing one trim piece by the window

Kitchen · More Info

Pantry on either side of the fridge

Kitchen · More Info

Kitchen · More Info

Bench is from LLBean

Kitchen · More Info

One of my favorite parts of the kitchen, the rug!

Kitchen · More Info

We are SO happy with how it turned out. It is so much more functional than our previous kitchen. I love being able to cook dinner and also hang out with my kids doing homework at the peninsula. Our only regret is not doing it sooner!

Comments (15)