SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aarenovation

Kitchen Nearing Completion - Karbon, Stages and Ikea

aarenovation
14 years ago

I've been mostly a troll on the site but wanted to post some photos since there has been interest in the Kohler Stages sink, Karbon faucet and Ikea cabinets.

Sink: Love it. Glad I did not go with the 33".

Faucet: Love it. Had to replace a part since the spray button wouldn't unseat all the time. Sink almost requires a second faucet but at this price I will make one do. I would prefer to joystick control on the left vs. the right. Countertops are temporary OSB board so I can fix that when I get soapstone.

Ikea: I love the new Adel Birch. I was lucky enough to purchase when they first started the new version. Not only do I like the color better (closer to white than yellow) but with all the trips back and forth to pickup extra pieces I was glad to be pulling from the new stock and not trying to hunt down the old. I also love the soft close drawers and doors.

Loves: Disposer air button. Very quiet Insinkerator. Very quiet Thermador dishwasher. Fisher-Paykel fridge. Wolf Range. GE Profile microwave. Seagull Ambiance under cabinet lighting.

Hates: Fridge- water dispenser is leaking behind the door. Covered under warranty but not what you want from a newer unit. Also, it was a floor model which made it $400 cheaper. But I would have preferred the door to hinge on the other side. It is not reversible.

Wolf Range: Door or side panel is crooked. Also under warranty but if it can't be fixed I will seek to exchange it. I didn't pay that much coin for something warped.

Here are some pics (if my link works correctly).

Thanks to everyone for posting helpful information on this site!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pics

Comments (9)