SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetsarahbeth

Just wanted to post an update on my ikea kitchen!

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

You guys helped so much with my Ikea layout a few months ago, I wanted to post a progress update. The major change you guys helped with was changing the island we had planned into a peninsula and I looooove it!

Sorry for the poor photo quality, the first one is from a few days ago, the second one is from yesterday:

The upper corner cabinet on the right is being hacked into a 90 degree ez reach style and then I'm planning open shelving on the other side of the window toward the peninsula.

The peninsula fit right under the second window perfectly (I didn't have to take it out! ;) )! And I love that I have a breakfast bar that all four kids can sit at!

Now that everything is actually up I can see that an island would have been a huge mistake. And I'll also have enough counterspace around the range.

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions. I've gotten so many compliments from the different tradesmen who have been out here - everybody loves the butcher block, and you really can't beat the price!

The next thing I'll need help with is finding a great sink within my modest budget...

Comments (61)