SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsy_sims

Master Bath Design? How many sq ft? More ? 's

Lindsy
6 years ago

If you have two separate vanities and separate closets, and wish to share your Master Bath layouts, I'd love to see them!

I'm playing around with the layout of our Master Bath. (Architect is out of town and we both knew the current design would change)

Anyways- If you have two separate vanities, can you tell me how large they were? Basically the size of anything, shower, toilet closet, etc. And then if you remember how many sq ft it ended up being?

I know exactly how large I'd like all of the other rooms and I know that they are proportionate to the size of house (well in my opinion) but my master bath layouts I'm doing seem way larger than it should be even with

one 5' vanity

one 6'ish vanity

tall storage cabinets next to each of them.

a shower around 6x4, a corner bath. Yes, I know those take up more space, but there is only one corner that I could have regular size windows on that would be a private view.

And I really want separate closets.. without the closet sq footage, I can't seem to design it for under around 220 sq ft. Does that sound crazy? I know that is a relative question.. I do seem to want more space than my architects recent drawings. He only had around 3ft walkway between one of the vanities and the tub. I do know I want bigger than that based on measuring my own bathroom now.. This is now a unnecessarily long post. I just can't seem to get a layout I like at all.. Even after looking at tons of floor plans.

Comments (20)