SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslie2004

Fisher & Paykel washer GWL11 inlet valve replaced now leaks again

leslie2004
6 years ago

Hi - 9 months ago we had the water inlet valves replaced due to a slow drip into the tub. Today it's doing it again. I called the repair company and won't hear back until Monday but I'm guessing this won't fall under any warranty after 9 months.

Does it seem possible that a new fill valve would fail so quickly (1st valve replacement last summer was after 12 years with no other problems ever)? We do have hard water - is it possible that sediment would collect that quickly to cause a drip?

Now I'll reveal my true ignorance but am I supposed to be doing any routine maintenance on sediment filters to avoid buildup? I read a post where someone said they were late doing that - they normally do every 3 months - and I've never done that at all and didn't know it was something I had to do.

Final question - if I schedule an appointment should I replace this valve again after just 9 months if that's what they recommend? I know there are posts with great detailed advice on doing it yourself but trust me it's not something I can or would try.

The price for the inlet valve replacement last time was $230ish so at some point I know it's better to get a new machine. We're limited in the size we can fit (upstairs hallway closet) so I don't relish the idea of replacing this F&P. 9 months ago I looked at Speed Queens but the appliance sales guy talked us into trying to fix ours rather than buy new and said the Speed Queen might not work out for us in the 2nd floor closet scenario - too much vibration maybe?

Any thoughts? TIA.

Comments (3)