SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Text message meant for somebody else

jojoco
6 years ago

In the past week, I have received two text messages that were clearly destined for someone other than me. Probably someone with a similar first name. The first time it happened, I ignored it, but then received a second, more detailed email from the same sender. ( It was from a relative on my ex-husband's side. ). I responded with a "hey so-and-so, this is actually Jojoco and hope all is well with you and your lovely girls…" She responded with slight embarrassment but we ended up catching up. Then it happened again tonight with someone who had received some vague maybe bad news and thought I was someone else. I responded with a "this clearly isn't intended for me, but I hope all is well." Her response? "Oops , wrong person." Oh, and once last year I was cringingly included in a group chat for some High school boys who went on and on about their weekend plans that mainly included getting high and finding parties. I bowed out of that one quickly by telling them I wasn't who they thought I was but be safe this weekend.

So what is the proper protocol when you receive a misdirected text? Ignore it? Point it out? I hate to call people out publicly on mistakes,

jo

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations